1. I find a verse to memorize.
2. First I try to get the verse itself (minus the reference; for example Titus 3:4) memorized. Wording too.
3. I say it out loud and try to meditate (think about it) it throughout my day, checking it to see if I got the words right (this is hard)
4. Once I get the words down, I begin associating it with the reference. I pretty much repeat step 3, adding the reference to my meditation.
5. I need to continually review and apply what I memorize lest I lose it, as if you don’t use it, you lose it.
This is from my more-updated Tumblr. Search up Nekobornagain and follow. I hope to post here more. Hope these ripe inspire and help YOU to memorize Scripture—God’s Word can save us in temptation! 🙂 God bless.